No, you aren’t dreaming… It’s a burger bun with less than 2 grams of net carbs.
- 1 cup flax meal (ground flax seeds)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese (use the grainy stuff)
- Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl. Divide into 6 balls of dough.
- Grease a cookie sheet and press the dough into six flat rounds (like large cookies). If you like a larger burger then you can make 2 instead of 3 buns.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until firm (firm buns, heh heh) and slightly crisp. Don't cook too long or they'll be like crackers, not bread.
- Let them cool and then load up with a juicy burger and your favorite toppings!
This delicious burger is topped with double cream brie, bacon and a thick slice of tomato, then slathered with my homemade sugar free ketchup. It was everything a burger should be! In a word, awesome! I’ll post that ketchup recipe tomorrow! Now what are you waiting for???? Get out there and make some burgers!!!!