Ever since the flax/parmesan pizza dough that also turned into burger buns, crackers, and tart/pie crust, I’ve been wanting to make a dessert version that could work as cookies, brownies, etc.
Low Carb Grasshopper Pie
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Pie
- For the crust:
- 2 cups ground flax seeds (meal)
- 1/2 cup SF cocoa powder (I used Saco)
- 3 tsp stevia powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp Torani SF Chocolate Syrup
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond butter and coconut oil and whip until smooth. Add the eggs and chocolate flavored syrup and mix until fully combined.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms. It will be crumbly.
- Press into greased mini cupcake tins or into one large pie dish. Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees (F). Turn off the oven but leave them inside for another 10 minutes or so until fully dried out and crunchy.
- Cool and then fill with SF Mint Ice Cream (store bought is fine.) Really you could add any SF ice cream flavor to these cups and it will be tasty. Peanut butter? Coconut? Sky’s the limit on delicious combo’s!
- Garnish with dark chocolate grated over the top or crumble any extra crust (baked) onto it. Store them in a sealed container so they don’t take on any unpleasant flavors from your freezer. Creamy, crunchy, minty, chocolatey deliciousness! Enjoy!