My brother-in-law and his wife left for home today and we were all sad to see them go! We had a great time while they were here – saw lots of gators, did some boating and fishing, and of course took them to Charleston and Folly Beach for seafood.
- For the salad:
- 2 cups grilled chicken, chopped
- 6 baby bok choy, grilled & chopped
- ½ cup raw jicama, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- For the dressing:
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 Tbsp coconut cream
- ½ tsp sriracha hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp stevia powder
- Combine all of the salad ingredients until well mixed.
- Add all of the ingredients for the dressing into a blender or food processor, and blend until mostly smooth - there may be some small chunks of ginger left, that's ok. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss lightly until coated. Garnish with more sesame seeds if desired.
I used coconut cream because I had some leftover from another recipe (coconut cake - it's SO good, I can't wait to post that one! Hopefully Monday so stay tuned!) but you could also use coconut milk which is easier to get and has less calories.
When you're grilling the bok choy, you don't want to overdo it. Just get some marks on it and get it softened up a bit, but you don't want it to be complete mush - maybe 3 minutes per side should do it!
This is a perfect summer salad that can be eaten warm or cold. I’m sure to be making it over and over this season! Hope you guys like it!