I love a good fish cake! Soft on the inside, crispy on the outside – what’s not to like? Add a yummy sauce to dip it in and a salad on the side and it’s the perfect meal.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring carefully so as not to pulverize the fish too much. Chill for half an hour to make it easier to work with.
- Remove from fridge and form into 6 patties. Chill again if necessary.
- Gently dip into flax cracker crumbs and sprinkle them on the top of the patties.
- Melt butter in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Cook patties for about 4 minutes per side until slightly puffed and golden brown.
- Remove carefully from the pan and serve with sauce.
As a side point, be sure to use a NONSTICK pan for these as they are a little on the fragile side! Even better would be an electric griddle if you have one because the low sides makes it easier to flip them (and other things). If you don't have one and want to get one, I found this site that runs a lot of department store coupons like Macy's, where you can get a good deal on them. Just thought I'd share!
- Optional Sauce:
- 4 Tbl prepared mayonnaise
- 4 Tbl sour cream
- 1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- pinch of salt
- Blend all ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.