Ok, so I realized this morning that it’s Friday and I hadn’t accomplished anything concrete to post for Foodless Fridays this week! So I decided to show some link love and share some of my favorite Pinterest pins with you guys. This week is going to be the top 10 DIY cleaning solutions that I’ve pinned. I haven’t tried them all, but I want to, and will work my way through them over the next few weeks. I’ve become obsessed with making my own products lately (like this laundry detergent I made last week which I LOVE btw!!!!) since I’m trying to reduce the chemicals we are using in our home, and also because it’s so much cheaper than buying them! I hope you guys find this list useful!
1) Homemade Floor Cleaner
– We have dark wood laminate floors and though I love them, they show everything! It’s a pain to keep them clean and streak-free – and it gets expensive to constantly buy the Swiffer refills! Sarah, over at Nature’s Nurture
has come up with this easy solution that looks perfect for me. I’ll be making this VERY soon!
2) Tub & Shower Magic
– I’ll be relying on this easy recipe to keep my bathroom sparkling!
3) Homemade Dishwasher Detergent – as a food blogger I do a LOT of dishes, so my dishwasher is running almost constantly! I hate the toxic chlorine fumes that come from it when it runs, so I’m going to try making my own chlorine free detergent this week. I’ll report back on how it turns out sometime soon. I’ll be using this recipe from DIY Naturals as a starting point. DIY Naturals is an awesome resource if you want to make your own cleaning products (and other great stuff), check them out and get inspired!
4) Microfiber Furniture Cleaner
– When I got pregnant with our son almost 6 years ago, Mr. Hungry and I purchased some new microfiber furniture for our living room. This was a strategic move since we expected a lot of wear and tear from a new baby/toddler and wanted something easy to clean. It’s still in pretty good shape but it’s definitely taken a beating over the years from kids, pets and lots of entertaining. When I found this recipes over at Chris and Robin’s Nest
for microfiber furniture cleaner, I knew I’d be making it ASAP! Check out their before and after photos – amazing!
5) Homemade Wood Cleaner
– we have a few antiques and pieces of wood furniture that we’ve collected or that have been handed down from family members that I want to keep in tip top shape. I’ll be giving this recipe a try from Ms. Not So Perfect
6) Hard Water Stain Remover
– Here at our house, hard water is definitely an issue. So I’m forever scrubbing down the faucets and sinks trying to get rid of the stains. I hate using the super harsh and toxic chemicals that they sell for that purpose, so I’ll be giving this recipe from DIY Confessions
a try in the near future!
7) No Scrub Burner Cleaner
– I have a flat top stove now so this doesn’t apply to me anymore, but I wish I’d known this back when it did! I hope some of you with gas stoves can benefit from this tip from The V Spot
because it’s pretty amazing!
8) 20 Uses For a Magic Eraser
– This isn’t so much a DIY cleaner as a list of ways to use a Magic Eraser(any brand will work) that will blow your mind! I will be stocking up on these during my next shopping trip!
9) 130 uses for vinegar
– another fantastic list from Cupcake Apothecary
of vinegar uses, not only for cleaning but all kinds of other great stuff. It’s a long list but worth reading through – you’re bound to find something you didn’t know already on it!
10) 10 DIY Cleaning Solutions
– Last but not least, I just found this awesome cheat sheet infographic on Pinterest from Picklee
which I’ll be printing out and posting inside my laundry room cabinet for easy referral!
And that’s it! I’m excited to try some of these and I hope you guys find them useful too! Just a note, if you want to pin these, I’m not trying to take credit so please click through and pin them from the original source, OK? If you want some more great ideas for cleaning, gardening and DIY projects to try out, follow me on Pinterest
I’ll be back to getting you guys some recipes ASAP and I’m also working on another giveaway which will hopefully happen next week. Enjoy your weekend Peeps! XO