I found these photos in the archives when I was cleaning out some files and realized that they were from last summer and I never posted the recipe! Which is a shame because with only 3 ingredients, this low carb cocktail recipe is easy and fun to make – not to mention fun to drink!
Step one. Scoop your ice cream into a tall glass.
Step two. Mix your vodka and soda together in a container with a lip for pouring.
Step three. Pour the vodka and soda mixture slowly over the ice cream.
The hardest part about executing this drink is knowing when to stop pouring as it will continue to grow and fizz for several seconds after you’ve finished and you may need to pour in stages to get it right to the top.
So make sure you use a tall enough glass to leave extra room.
You can make this without the vodka if you prefer a non-alcoholic version.
To get a heady vanilla flavor I used both vanilla flavored diet root beer AND vanilla flavored vodka – but you could use vanilla flavored root beer and plain vodka or vanilla flavored vodka and plain root beer.
There’s almost no wrong way to make this drink/dessert – it’s going to be delicious in any combination!
- ½ cup low carb vanilla ice cream
- 2 ounces vanilla flavored vodka
- 12 ounces diet vanilla root beer
- Place your ice cream in a tall glass
- Pour the soda and vodka into a container with a lip for pouring and stir slightly to mix.
- Pour the vodka and soda mixture slowly over the ice cream. You may have to do this in stages to let the bubbles recede. Let it sit for 2 minutes before drinking.
Approx nutrition info per serving: 258 calories, 6g fat, 4g net carbs, 2g protein
Can’t get enough low carb recipes? Download all five of my e-cookbooks (over 150 delicious low carb recipes) for just $19.99 for a limited time!