This post actually came about because I was making savory palmiers with sundried tomatoes and Kalamata olives (those posted tomorrow) and while I was chopping the ingredients I thought this would be so much easier if I just threw all this stuff into my magic bullet. So I did.
Sundried Tomato & Kalamata Olive Pesto
- Yield: 2 cups
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: Pesto
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp pitted kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a magic bullet or mini food processor. Pulse until combined but not completely smooth.
- Put it on your next sandwich, mix it into pasta, serve as an appetizer, eat it with a spoon….no matter what you use it for, it’s gonna be good!
Add any salt at the end after you’ve tasted it first, you may find that you don’t require any additional salt because the cheese and olives are so salty already.