I made it! 5 days on the Egg Fast Diet and I’m down a total of 7.4 lbs as of this morning!
Now to find out what happens next! Will I gain it all back when I resume a regular keto plan? Let’s hope not! My strategy is to employ a version of my 3 Day Keto Kickstart Plan over the next few days to see what happens.
I’m already deep in ketosis (the strips are purple which NEVER happens,) and I’m hoping that maintaining my macros at a really high fat content, very low carb, and less protein than usual rate will keep the weight from coming back on overnight.
I’ll be reporting my weight fluctuations daily via Instagram and Facebook, but won’t have time to post anything here on the blog for the next few days. I’ll update you in a post sometime this weekend though, with a 7 day Egg Fast menu plan (5 days on, 2 days off) soon to follow.
What I Ate on Day Five
2 Tbsp MCT oil
5 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp mayonnaise
4 oz cream cheese
2 string cheese
1 oz cheddar
1 Tbsp grated parmesan
120 oz spring water
I’m not going to lie, yesterday was ROUGH! By about noon the idea of eating another egg in any form was making me want to hurl. I was cranky, had a headache, and really wanted to quit. It didn’t help that Mr. Hungry was churning out delicious smelling pizzas in our wood-fired oven either! This low carb faux pasta recipe saved the day for sure!
It’s not easy to get the right consistency in a flourless “pasta,” and believe me I’ve tried. I finally hit on a combo that provides just the right aldente “bite” that feels like eating the real thing. Not too mushy, perfectly pliable, and doesn’t fall apart in the sauce.
And the sauce – oooooh the sauce! So creamy and cheesy that I prefer it over the flour-laden real thing! And it’s so easy to make – it literally takes less than two minutes, and can be used to dress up chicken, veggies, pretty much any savory dish will be improved with a heaping tablespoon of this stuff!
I’m writing this recipe as a single serving because the pasta doesn’t reheat well – I hit it in the microwave while in the sauce because it got cold while taking the photos, and the “pasta” got a little tough – not horrible, just not as good as fresh. The sauce reheats fine though – so you can make extra of that if you want, so you have it on hand. This is incredibly rich, so if you can’t eat it all, then just be sure to reheat it very gently for as little time as possible, so your noodles don’t get too tough.
Egg Fast Recipe – Fettuccini Alfredo (Low Carb)
A low carb and gluten free Fettuccini Alfredo recipe that is also keto, lchf, egg fast, and Atkins diet friendly!
- Yield: 1 serving
For the pasta:
- 2 eggs
- 1 oz cream cheese
- pinch of salt
- pinch of garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
For the sauce:
- 1 oz Mascarpone cheese
- 1 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp butter
For the pasta:
- Blend the eggs, cream cheese, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in a magic bullet or blender. Pour into a butter-greased 8 x 8 pan. Bake at 325 for 8 minutes or until just set. Remove and let cool for about 5 minutes. Using a spatula, gently release the sheet of “pasta” from the pan. Roll it up and slice with a sharp knife into 1/8 inch thick slices. Gently unroll and set aside.
For the sauce:
- Combine the mascarpone, parmesan cheese, and butter in a small bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Whisk. Microwave on high another 30 seconds. Whisk again until smooth (this may take a minute because the sauce will have separated – keep whisking and it will come back together!) Add the pasta to the hot sauce and toss gently. Serve immediately with more freshly ground black pepper if desired.
Alternative Sauce Recipe:
- As an alternative to the mascarpone, you can make this sauce in the same method with 2 oz cream cheese, 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream, 1 Tbsp parmesan, 1 Tbsp butter – it will taste amazing, but is not technically legal on the Egg Fast due to the heavy whipping cream. I doubt it will make a big difference in your results though, so if it’s what you have on hand, go for it!
Approx nutrition info per serving: 491 calories, 47g fat, 2g net carbs, 19g protein
- Serving Size: Approximately 1 cup