Many, many, maaaany years ago, to celebrate our high school graduation a girlfriend and I went to Disney in Orlando, FL. We were there for two weeks on a tight budget and it was the first time for both of us so we wanted to see everything. Because we were so broke, we weren’t eating very high end, it was mostly breakfast buffets to fill up and get our money’s worth and then we’d get Subway (next door to our motel) for dinner.
Banana Egg Rolls w/ Chocolate Sauce
A non keto dessert that is easy to make and fun for the whole family to eat!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Egg roll
4 egg roll wrappers
2 ripe bananas
1/4 cup almond butter
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup chocolate chips
For the eggrolls:
- Place the eggroll wrapper on the counter in front of you, spread with peanut or almond butter and place half a banana in the center.
- Roll it once over the banana, fold in the sides, wet the edges and roll it the rest of the way.
- Fry it in hot oil just long enough to get golden but not long enough for the banana to get mushy–maybe 2 minutes.
For the chocolate sauce:
- Combine 3/4 cup heavy cream with 1 cup chocolate chips in a bowl and microwave for 45 seconds. Stir.
- Microwave another 30 seconds. Stir.
- Microwave another 30 if necessary until smooth.
- Thin with more heavy cream or half and half to get the consistency you want for dipping.
If you are making these for a crowd as a dessert and are frying other things too (I recommend crab rangoons or the eggrolls I linked to above if you’re going with a theme), just make these first so they don’t take on any other unpleasant savory flavors like fish from the oil. They’ll keep just fine for a few hours until dessert as long as you don’t cover or refrigerate them.