I’m going to keep this post relatively short because we are having a HUGE party this weekend, with overnight guests, families camping in the back woods of our yard, a bouncy house and gigantic water slide getting delivered on Saturday morning – THE WORKS!
This will be one of the biggest parties we’ve ever thrown, and I’m freaking out a little because there is still A LOT to do!
Since we’ll be so busy, I won’t be checking in as often as usual this weekend, but I’ll still post the daily Amazon freebie over on the IBIH Facebook page each morning, and will post a few photos of our festivities over the weekend on Instagram!
I’ve already scheduled next week’s Meatball Monday recipe (look at me being all organized and stuff!), but wanted to give you something delicious today to make for your own weekend plans!
This Keto BBQ chicken stuffed zucchini recipe is really easy to execute, especially if you use the meat from a rotisserie chicken like I did! This filling was also surprisingly delicious on it’s own as a chicken salad served cold.
Once you add it to the zucchini and bake it though, the filling takes on an entirely new, but equally delicious, flavor and texture. It’s a toss up as to which way I like this better! You’ll have to try it and let me know what you think!
To make this go even faster, you can cook the zucchini in the microwave for a few minutes to soften them up prior to stuffing! Then you really only need to bake it long enough to melt the cheese and heat the filling through!
In addition, these keto BBQ chicken stuffed zucchini reheat really well in the microwave, so it’s a great low carb recipe to make on the weekend and pack for your lunches during the week – and if you don’t have access to a microwave at work, they also taste great cold or at room temperature!
BBQ Chicken Stuffed Zucchini – Low Carb and Gluten Free Recipe
An easy low carb and gluten free recipe based on the flavors of a BBQ chicken pizza! Perfect to make ahead and reheat for your lunch during the week!
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1/3 cup low sugar ketchup see example
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke see example
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp red onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh, raw corn kernels
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 large zucchini
- 1/2 cup Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ketchup, cider vinegar, mustard, onion powder, sweetener, liquid smoke and mayonnaise. Stir in the red onion, cilantro, and corn kernels. Add the shredded chicken and mix thoroughly until fully combined.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the center portion, leaving about 1/2 thick walls on the sides. Season with salt and pepper, then microwave on high for 3 minutes, or until slightly softened.
- Stuff the zucchini with equal amounts of the BBQ chicken mixture and place on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees (F) for 20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and they are heated through.
- Note: If you like your zucchini really soft, you can either microwave them longer before filling, or bake them longer after filling. Test with a fork until your desired softness is reached, just be aware if you cook them too long they will be difficult to handle and serve.
Approx nutrition info per serving: 289 calories, 17g fat, 6.5g net carbs, 27g protein
- Serving Size: 1/2 zucchini
Since I’m not going to publish a Summer ezine this year, I decided to prolong the ebundle that includes last year’s Summer and Fall ezines, along with my Amazon best selling cookbook The Gluten Free Low Carber! You can get all three for just $9.99! Get more information on ordering by clicking here!