A delicious, easy to make bowl of soup that is Low Carb, Paleo, and Whole 30 compliant!
- 1 1/2 lbs raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- (1) 14 oz can diced tomatoes w/ chili’s
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha hot sauce (sambal oelek if you’re whole 30)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan. Saute onions for several minutes until translucent, then add the garlic and peppers and cook for several minutes more. Add the tomatoes, shrimp and cilantro to the pan and simmer gently until the shrimp turns opaque. Pour in the coconut milk and Sriracha sauce (or Sambal Oelek), and cook just until heated through – do not boil. Add lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh cilantro. Cold beer optional.
If you can’t eat shrimp, you can substitute any mild white fish, or even chicken, for the protein in this recipe and it will taste just as amazing!
- Category: Soups/stews
- Cuisine: Seafood stew
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 294
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 5g net
- Protein: 24g