I created these little cuties for the Athens Phyllo contest in February featuring green foods.
Cheesy Chicken Pesto Cups
- Yield: 15 phyllo cups
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Chicken
- 3/4 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 2 Tbsp prepared pesto
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp grated Romano (or Parmesan) cheese
- 1 package Athens phyllo cups
- Combine the first four ingredients in a medium bowl. Taste and add salt or pepper if desired.
- Place the phyllo cups onto a cookie sheet and add about 1 heaping Tbsp of chicken mixture to each cup.
- Bake in a preheated 375 F oven for 8 minutes or until heated through. Don’t over bake or the pesto will lose it’s pretty green color.
- Delicious served hot, cold, or any temperature in between!
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Carbohydrates: 3g net