Cheesy Flax & Chia Seed Cracker Bread (Low Carb and Gluten Free)
- Yield: 28-30 crackers 1x
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Crackers
- 1 1/2 c ground flax seeds (I used my Magic Bullet)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds (highly recommend omitting)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar (use extra sharp)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir by hand until a thick dough forms.
- Spray a sheet of foil or plastic wrap with nonstick spray. Form the dough into a log shape with your hands and place on the wrap. Roll it until it is about a foot or so long and an inch and a half in diameter. You can keep round or press into a squared shape. Pop into the freezer for about 5 minutes until it firms up.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Remove the dough from the freezer and slice into about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Lay flat on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 12 – 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool. Taste.
- Don’t throw them out yet. Put something yummy on top first and see if you can stand it. Report back asap. This message will self destruct in five….four…..three…..two……one. Just kidding. Still here. Now get cracking…