A lemony twist on the classic keto basil pesto, you’ll want to put this low carb lemon &. basil pesto on everything!!!
- 2 cups basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a magic bullet, blender, or food processor and blend until the texture you prefer.
- You may need to add a bit more olive oil to get the right consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.
To freeze, it’s best to divide it into smaller portions so you don’t have to defrost the entire batch every time you need a few tablespoons of pesto. Small plastic containers work well – or you can freeze it in ice cube trays and then store the “cubes” in freezer bags.
- Category: keto condiments
- Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
- Calories: 84
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: pesto, basil, lemon, keto, low carb, Atkins, condiments, herbs, sauces, easy