A super simple and versatile pot roast recipe that is Whole 30 compliant!
- Approximately 2.5 lb chuck roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup baby carrots (or chopped carrots)
- 2 cups of water or broth
- (optional) 1 cup red wine
- 2 Tbl fresh parsley, chopped
- Season your roast with salt and pepper. Sear in a hot pan until browned on all sides. Add to a crock pot. (note: I used a 5 quart but you can easily go much smaller. If you are using a small one, cut the roast into two pieces to fit – be aware that you may have to add more liquid to cover it)
- Add everything but the parsley to the pot and cover. Cook on high for five hours.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve garnished with fresh parsley over roasted rutabaga, cauliflower puree, or the side of your choice.
*Approx nutrition info per serving: 264 calories, 16g fat, 2.5g net carbs, 25g protein
Also, you don’t need a crock pot or slow cooker to make this recipe – if you choose, you can add all of the ingredients to a large pot and simmer on the stove (low heat), covered, for about 3 hours or until the meat is tender. Enjoy!