- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 ounces Chorizo
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp chopped scallions
- 1/3 cup finely grated cheese (your favorite)
- Remove the chorizo from the casing and cook thoroughly. It was such a small amount and I was cooking other stuff for the blog on the stove at the time (cauliflower tater tots! What?!? Yeah, that’s right.) and I didn’t want to dirty a pan for that little so I cooked the chorizo in the microwave for 2 minutes and it worked perfectly. I drained out the fat and set the sausage aside.
- Meanwhile, beat the 4 egg whites until stiff. I do it by hand cause I’m so hard core, but if you want to be a wuss about it you could use a mixer. ;) Then fold in the chorizo, cheese, scallions and cilantro (GENTLY people!) until mixed. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- On a greased cookie sheet, place four spoonfuls of the egg white mixture at least 2 inches apart. Make a slight well in the center and gently place an egg yolk in each one.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree (F) oven for about 6 minutes. Keep an eye on it though, you definitely don’t want to overcook these and miss out on that fabulous runny yolk!
- Garnish with avocado slices and fresh cilantro.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Eggs