Coffee lovers rejoice!!!! These Keto Espresso Chocolate Cheesecake Bars boast a decadent chocolate cookie crust, topped with a creamy espresso cheesecake layer and a dusting of cocoa powder – and they taste exactly as amazing as you’re imagining right now!
Before I go any further I really must warn you that these keto espresso chocolate cheesecake bars are super addicting. I mean seriously, it is almost impossible to stop at just one. Do do yourself a favor and budget in a couple of them – for example, use them as a breakfast meal replacement like I did. ?
Keto espresso chocolate cheesecake bars AND my morning cappuccino eaten together trumps bacon and eggs any day. I mean, C’mon. This is not a hard concept to sell to my fellow coffee people. You know you want to. And you totally should.
As with all my favorite keto dessert recipes, these low carb espresso cheesecake bars are super easy to make. The press in crust takes literally 2 minutes to throw in a bowl and stir together with a fork. Then while that spends a couple of minutes baking in the oven to firm up, you throw the filling ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth. Pour it over the crust, bake, remove, slice and eat.
The worst part is waiting for these keto espresso chocolate cheesecake bars to cool and chill before slicing – but fortunately because these are in bar form, it only takes an hour or so, unlike a big cheesecake that should really chill overnight. Though I will say I do prefer these bars nice and cold, so the longer you can stand to wait, the better they will be!
You can absolutely make these keto espresso chocolate cheesecake bars in big cheesecake form if you want – you’d just need to double the cheesecake layer ingredients and bake it for about an hour in an 8 inch springform pan. Then chill overnight before slicing.
Doubling the espresso cheesecake filling is NOT a bad idea – in fact I might make it this way next. I’ll report back with exact cooking times when I do, but in the meantime if you beat me to it, be sure to inform us how it went in the comments!
These keto espresso chocolate cheesecake bars are so delicious, that while I made them last week to post in early December, I bumped them up to today just because I couldn’t wait to share them!
I am beyond excited for you to try them and report back!
As an added bonus, if you’re suffering some pumpkin fatigue already, this is a nice break in the pumpkin flavored everything trend that is likely going to be around through all of November. Though if you’re NOT yet sick of pumpkin, I highly recommend these keto pumpkin cheesecake cookies that I posted recently!
Keto Espresso Chocolate Cheesecake Bars – Low Carb
These keto espresso chocolate cheesecake bars are not only delicious, but easy to make in just minutes using your blender! Low carb, gluten free, Atkins friendly.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 16 bars
- Category: Keto Desserts
- Method: Baking
For the chocolate crust:
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups superfine, blanched almond flour (I used Honeyville)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup granulated erythritol sweetener
For the cheesecake:
For the chocolate crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Combine the melted butter, almond flour, sweetener and cocoa powder in a medium sized bowl and mix well.
- Transfer the crust dough to a 9 x 9 pan lined with parchment paper or foil (this will make removing the bars much easier.)
- Press the crust firmly into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake the crust for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
For the cheesecake filling:
- Combine the cream cheese, eggs, sweetener, espresso powder, and vanilla extract in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour over the par baked crust and spread out evenly in the pan.
- Bake the cheesecake bars at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Dust with optional cocoa powder if using.
- Chill for at least 1 hour, preferably longer, before cutting into four rows of squares to serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Net carbs per bar = 3.5g
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 232
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: cheesecake, bars, desserts, treats, keto, Atkins, low carb, gluten free, grain free, espresso, mocha, coffee, chocolate