Keto Thumbprint Cookies – Low Carb
These keto thumbprint cookies have all the flavor and texture of your favorite classic thumbprint cookies! Low carb and gluten free.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- Yield: 15 cookies
- Category: Keto cookies
- Method: baking
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 cups superfine blanched almond flour
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup powdered erythritol sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 5 tablespoons sugar free strawberry preserves
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the egg, butter, almond flour, salt, baking powder, erythritol and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Mix well with a fork until a dough is formed.
- Place the chopped walnuts on a plate.
- Form the dough into 1.5 inch balls and roll in the walnuts to coat.
- Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and press a small dent into the center of each cookie.
- Place approximately 1 teaspoon of jam in each cookie dent.
- Return to the oven and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to a rack or platter to cool for 30 minutes.
- Cookies MUST be fully cool to stay together – until then they will be quite fragile, so handle gently when transferring.
Net carbs per cookie = 2g
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 165
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: cookies, thumbprint, jam, treats, desserts, keto, Atkins, low carb, gluten free