A foolproof keto bacon wrapped shrimp recipe that will leave your guests in awe. Low Carb, Gluten Free, Atkins friendly!
- 8 slices bacon
- 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute
- Cook your bacon for about 2-3 minutes in a medium saute pan or until lightly browned and still pliable.
- Combine the Hoisin sauce, water, chipotle powder, lime juice, and sweetener in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Add the precooked bacon to the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool for several minutes.
- Remove the bacon from the sauce and cut in half so you have 16 four inch pieces.
- Add your shrimp to the sauce and let it sit for about a minute.
- Remove the shrimp from the sauce and wrap each one in a piece of bacon, then skewer them – 4 per skewer.
- Heat your grill for at least 5 minutes on high.
- Add your skewers and cook for about 90 seconds per side.
- In case of sticking, have a spatula available to help release the shrimp from the grill before turning.
- Serve warm with additional lime wedges if desired.
- Category: Keto Grilling Recipe
- Serving Size: 1 skewer of 4 bacon wrapped shrimp
- Calories: 197
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 4g net
- Protein: 24g