This easy low carb broccoli & cheddar soup is delicious and comforting. Vegetarian if you use a vegetable broth, or you can add chicken or ham to make it heartier! Keto & Atkins friendly.
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- Cook the broccoli florets for 4 minutes in the microwave on high (or steam them on the stove.) Combine the broccoli and other ingredients in a blender and blend until mostly smooth. Cook on high in the microwave for 2 minutes, stir and cook another 2 minutes, repeat one more time and serve hot. Alternatively, simmer in a pot on the stove for about 10 minutes. Serve hot.
Approx nutrition info per serving: 255 calories, 22g fat, 3g net carbs, 7g protein
- Category: Low Carb Soup Recipe
- Cuisine: American