These low carb grilled chicken wings are smothered in a delicious sticky sauce featuring gluten removed IPA from Omission as well as grapefruit and some Asian flavors that make them spicy, sweet, tangy and totally craveworthy!
For the sauce:
- 1 cup Omission IPA
- 1 tsp ruby red grapefruit zest
- 3 Tbsp ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 3 Tbsp granulates sugar substitute
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum (or other thickener)
- 2 Tbsp butter
For the chicken wings:
- Approximately 20 wing segments (10 whole wings, separated)
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped cilantro and scallions to garnish
To make the sauce:
- Combine the Omission IPA, grapefruit zest, grapefruit juice, fish sauce, sweetener, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and coriander in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil – then lower the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until reduced to about 1/2 cup. Remove from heat and whisk in the butter and xanthan gum. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
To make the wings:
- Season the wings liberally with salt and pepper. Preheat your grill for about ten minutes – then place the wings on the grill (don’t crowd them) and cook on medium high heat for about 5 minutes per side or until grill marks are achieved and the chicken is mostly cooked through. Reduce the heat a bit (or move the wings to the side if char-grilling) and baste with sauce – then cook for an additional 5 minutes per side (or longer depending on your preference,) basting each time you turn.
- Serve hot, garnished with cilantro and scallions.
Approx nutrition info per serving: 365 calories, 25g fat, 4g net carbs, 23g protein
- Category: Low Carb Appetizer or Entree
- Cuisine: Asian