A low carb Mexican Inspired Chicken Soup recipe guaranteed to warm you no matter what the weather! Whole 30 compliant if you omit the corn.
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup celery root, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 four ounce can chopped green chilis
- 1/3 cup tomatillo salsa (salsa verde)
- 1/2 tsp minced habanero
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Combine the chicken broth, chicken, celery root, garlic powder, onion powder, ground cumin, green chilis, tomatillo salsa, and habaneros in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Add the cilantro and scallions right before serving. Garnish with fresh corn, sour cream, lime juice, or more cilantro and scallions if desired.
Approx. nutrition info per serving: 100 calories, 4g fat, 3g net carbs, 12g protein
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Mexican