You don’t have to be a grill master to make the perfect keto steak! Pan-searing is super easy and yields delicious results every time! This Shiitake Brown Butter takes it over the top!
- 6 oz steak (ribeye, sirloin strip, or filet), about 1 inch thick
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 1/2 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a cast iron (or any heavy bottomed) pan on the stove for about 1 minute, or until a drop of water sizzles when coming in contact with the pan.
- Season your steak generously with salt and pepper. Add the seasoned steak to the hot pan.
- Cook your steak for 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare, or until desired doneness is reached. A thicker steak will obviously require a longer cooking time.
- Remove the cooked steak to a plate, then add your butter and mushrooms to the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the mushrooms are golden brown. Remove from the heat.
- Taste the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Add the steak back to the cooling pan and baste it in the butter. Let it rest in the warm butter for about 2 minutes. Slice and serve warm.
Approx nutrition info per serving: 370 calories, 29g fat, 3g net carbs, 35g protein
Note: The cut of steak you use will determine the fat and calories, but won’t impact the carb count. I used NY strip to calculate this nutrition info.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American