- 1 12 x 12 sheet of puff pastry
- pepperoni or other sliced deli meat
- 6 slices swiss cheese (or any other cheese)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves (dried works too)
- 4 Tbsp honey mustard
- Cut the puff pastry in half so you have 2 strips. Lay them out in front of you so that the long side is perpendicular to your body.
- Spread 2 Tbsp of honey mustard (more if you love mustard) on the pastry leaving a 1 inch strip bare along the top. Sprinkle about 1/2 tsp thyme on each section. Cover the mustard with a single layer of pepperoni or other meat. Place 3 slices of cheese on each strip.
- With your fingers, carefully roll the pastry away from you so you have two long tubes. Cut them on the diagonal into 1 inch pcs and place on a cookie sheet. You can also cut them thinner and make pinwheels.
- Bake at 375 F for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
You can serve them with extra honey mustard for dipping if you like. Also an egg wash will make them more golden and if you really want to get fancy you can sprinkle them lightly with extra thyme but they will get eaten so fast I swear nobody will notice!
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Pastry