Roasted Celery Root, Turnip & Apple Puree – Low Carb
This delicious low carb Celery Root, Turnip and Apple Puree will go perfectly with a roasted turkey or ham! Keto, Paleo and Atkins Diet friendly!
- Yield: Twelve 1/2 cup servings
- Category: Low Carb Side Dish Recipe
- Cuisine: American
- 4 cups of turnips, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup of chopped onion
- 4 cups celery root, chopped
- 1 cup granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. prepared horseradish
- Combine turnips, onion, celery root, apples, and olive oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and Pepper and toss well to coat. Spread out on a large cookie sheet.
- Roast at 325° F for 45 minutes or until golden brown and soft. Remove from oven.
- Add the roasted vegetables to a food processor or blender. Then add the almond milk, butter, heavy cream and horseradish and blend until smooth. Add more almond milk or heavy cream if necessary to get the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve hot.
Approx nutrition info per 1/2 cup serving: 114 calories, 8g fat, 7g net carbs, 2g protein