I don’t know what I’m more excited to share with you today – these amazing low carb brownies, or the beautiful dress from Shabby Apple that we’re giving away! When the girls at Shabby Apple Boutique approached me about wanting to give away one of their fabulous dresses to an IBIH reader I was ecstatic! But I wondered how to make it fit with my blog, being that we’re mostly food related and certainly have nothing to do with fashion.
Then it hit me! I’ve been all about low carb for the past couple of months, and have met a lot of great people through the blog who are also living low carb. Many of you have shared your inspiring weight loss in the comments section, which I appreciate so much because it fuels the rest of us who are still striving to reach our goals. What better way to celebrate shedding the pounds than by winning a beautiful dress to show off your great new figure???
- 2 cups flax meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tsp stevia powder
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp sugar free chocolate flavored syrup (or you can substitute another 1/4 cup sf cocoa powder and an additional 1tsp stevia mixed with 2 Tbsp of coconut oil or water)
- For the caramel:
- 1 1/2 cups smooth almond butter
- 6 Tbsp Torani or Davinci brand sugar free caramel flavored syrup
- 2 tsp stevia or splenda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- In a medium bowl combine the first five dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a separate medium bowl combine the almond butter and eggs, mixing until smooth. Mix in the coconut oil, followed by the chocolate syrup.
- Add the dry ingredients gradually to the almond butter mixture, mixing until fully combined.
- Press the “batter” into a greased 13″ x 9″ pan to an even thickness. Should be about 1/2 an inch thick. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees (F). Remove from the oven and cool.
- For the caramel: Combine 1 1/2 cup smooth almond butter with 6 Tbsp Torani or Davinci brand sugar free caramel flavored syrup, and 2 tsp of stevia or splenda. Mix well and press onto the cooled brownies.
- Cut into squares and press one on top of the other for a total of four layers per brownie. Sprinkle with kosher or sea salt. Nom nom nom…..
Bonus tidbit – I froze mine and they are awesome right out of the freezer!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Brownies
“Plum-colored folds of soft jersey fabric dip from the shoulders into a ruched waist that runs from bust to hip on this flouncy, ballet-inspired dress. Perfect for traveling, this dress sports a V-neck and fully lined skirt for extra coverage, so whether at the office or on the road, you’ll feel comfortable and beautiful.
This dress follows our Fits Generously size chart. We recommend ordering a size down for petite customers and/or those preferring a more snug fit. This dress flatters most body types and is particularly nice for new mothers as it hides a tummy!
Poly/Rayon/Spandex blend jersey fabric. Machine wash cold, delicate cycle. Line dry.”