Last week I posted the low carb flax meal burger buns which I had eaten with tomato, bacon and double cream brie on top. It was so good that it didn’t need the actual burger at all!
- 1 batch of flax/parmesan dough
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 12 slices of double cream brie
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Press the dough thinly into a large tart pan or 4 small pans or ramekins.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree (F) oven for 10 minutes.
- Layer the tomatoes, cheese and bacon into the tart pan(s) and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper. It’s already salty so I wouldn’t salt until you taste it first just in case.
- Return to the oven for 8 – 10 minutes or until the tomatoes have softened and the cheese has melted.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Tart
The flavors in this dish really complement each other well, and it’s pretty, so it’s nice for company. It’s perfect as a lunch option or as a starter for a main meal. If you aren’t a fan of brie, you can certainly substitute another cheese of your liking and add some fresh herbs for different flavor combinations.11