A fantastic keto appetizer or savory fat bomb recipe, these bacon studded truffles are loaded with flavor and texture!
- 8 oz Braunshweiger (Liverwurst), room temperature
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachio kernels
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and chopped finely
- Combine the Braunshweiger and pistachios in a small food processor and pulse until combined.
- In a separate small bowl, whip the softened cream cheese and mustard together until smooth.
- Roll the Braunshweiger into 12 small balls.
- Then take each ball and form about a 1/4 inch thick layer of cream cheese with your fingers.
- Once you have done all of them, chill for about 30 minutes.
- Roll each ball in the finely chopped bacon and place on a serving dish.
- Serve cold, or at room temperature.
Approximate nutrition info each: 145 calories, 12g fat, 1.5g net carbs, 7g protein
- Category: Keto Appetizer
- Cuisine: German
- Serving Size: 1 truffle
- Calories: 145
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 1.5g net
- Protein: 7g