- 4 sausages (I used sweet Italian)
- 1 cup sliced raw onions
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp red wine (optional)
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups cheesy cauliflower puree
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Cook the sausages in a medium saute pan until browned and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add onions to same pan, along with the butter and olive oil. Cook for 5 – 7 minutes at medium heat until onions are browned and softened. Add chicken stock and red wine (if using) and cook for another 3 – 5 minutes until reduced. Add the heavy cream and cook another 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add sausages back to the pan with the onions for a couple more minutes until heated through.
- To plate, place 1/2 cup of cauliflower puree in a shallow bowl. Add one sausage to each plate and top with onion gravy. Garnish with chopped parsley or another herb of your choice.
- Calories: 378
- Fat: 31g
- Carbohydrates: 6g net
- Protein: 15g