A delicious, easy to make Keto Brazilian Shrimp Stew that is Squeaky Clean Keto, Paleo, and Whole30 compliant!
- 1 1/2 lbs raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- (1) 14 oz can diced tomatoes w/ chili’s
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce (sambal oelek if you’re whole 30)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- Saute onions for several minutes until translucent, then add the garlic and roasted peppers and cook for several minutes more.
- Add the tomatoes, shrimp, and cilantro to the pan and simmer gently until the shrimp turns opaque – about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and Sriracha sauce (or Sambal Oelek), and cook just until heated through – do not boil.
- Add lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh cilantro.
If you can’t eat shrimp, you can substitute any mild white fish, or even chicken, for the protein in this recipe and it will taste just as amazing!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: keto soups
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: brazilian
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 294
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 5g net
- Protein: 24g
Keywords: Brazilian Shrimp Stew, Keto Shrimp Stew