This simple yet elegant caprese salad is perfect for any summer occasion! Keto, gluten free, low carb.
- 3 large, ripe tomatoes
- 16 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt (1/4 tsp if using fine salt)
- Wash the tomatoes and slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- Drain and slice the mozzarella into 1/4 inch slices.
- Layer the tomato and mozzarella slices in an alternating pattern on a large plate or medium-sized platter. See photos in post for example.
- Place the basil, olive oil, vinegar, and salt in a small food processor or blender cup.
- Pulse for 15 seconds, or until the basil is chopped finely, but not pureed.
- Pour the basil oil over the salad.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: keto salads
- Method: slicing
- Cuisine: italian
Keywords: caprese salad, keto caprese salad