Cheesy Cauliflower alla Vodka Casserole – Low Carb
This penne alla vodka recipe uses cauliflower instead of pasta to make it low carb and gluten free. Easy and delicious, it’s just as good as the real thing!
- Yield: 8 generous 1 cup servings 1x
- Category: Low Carb Vegetarian Side Dish
- Cuisine: Italian American
- 8 cups cooked cauliflower florets, well drained
- 2 cups vodka sauce
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 slices Provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Combine the cauliflower, vodka sauce, heavy whipping cream, butter, Parmesan cheese, kosher salt, and black pepper in a large bowl and toss to coat well.
- Transfer into a 9 x 13 baking dish (or equivalent) and top with slices of Provolone (or mozzarella) cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree (F) oven for 30 – 40 minutes or until the casserole is bubbling and the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Top with chopped fresh basil and serve.
Approx. nutrition info per serving: 214 calories, 14g fat, 6g net carbs, 12g protein