Hearty and comforting, you’re going to love this cheesy, spicy, casserole that works great for breakfast, lunch OR dinner! Keto and Atkins friendly, it’s also gluten free!
- 1/4 cup Mexican Chorizo
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro to garnish (optional)
- To cook your spaghetti squash, pierce all over and microwave on high for 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then cut in half, carefully scoop out seeds, and then remove the stringy flesh and set aside. (careful, it will still be HOT!)
- Cook the chorizo in a medium saute pan.
- Add the squash and salsa verde and cook for 7-8 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the shredded cheese.
- Spread the mixture into one large or four smaller greased oven proof dishes. Press four dents into the mixture with the back of a large spoon and break one egg carefully into each depression.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree (F) oven for about 18 minutes (longer if you want your yolks firm.)
- Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped cilantro before serving.
Approx nutrition info per serving: 284 calories, 21g fat, 5.5g net carbs, 17g protein