These low carb and gluten free biscuits taste just like the real thing and make the perfect little sandwich or side for soup or chili! Keto and Atkins friendly!
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp granulated sugar substitute
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan bring the water to a boil along with the butter, sugar substitute, and cheddar cheese. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the salt, pepper, oregano, thyme,garlic powder, celery salt, coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder and xanthan gum in asmall bowl and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the liquid and stir until a dough forms.
- Add the egg yolks and stir until fully absorbed.
- Add the parmesan cheese and mix well – you may have to use your hands for this step.
- Divide the dough into 8 small (for traditional biscuit size) or 6 large (for hamburger bun size) balls and form into a biscuit shape (about 1 inch thick) with your hands.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Let the dough rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees (F) for 25 minutes or until golden brown and puffed.
- Cool slightly before serving.
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: Biscuit
- Serving Size: 1 biscuit
- Calories: 197
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 3.6g net
- Protein: 11g