This versatile cheesy keto polenta is hearty and satisfying, with only 4g net carbs per serving! Customize it with different cheeses and serve in a variety of delicious ways!
- 4 heaping cups raw cauliflower florets
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated erythritol sweetener
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup superfine blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 – 5 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- Combine the cauliflower, heavy whipping cream, butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and erythritol in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high, uncovered, for 8 – 10 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Transfer the cauliflower and liquids to a blender or food processor, and blend until mostly smooth.
- Return to the bowl and stir in almond flour, parmesan cheese, almond milk, and food coloring if using.
- Heat in the microwave for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir and serve hot, garnished with more grated cheese if desired.
Approximate net carbs per serving = 4g.
Since microwaves vary, if yours is very powerful test out the cauliflower at 6 to 8 minutes so it doesn’t overcook. Alternatively, if your microwave is kind of wimpy, it may take up to 12 minutes or longer to achieve a fork tender cauliflower that will be easy to blend.
- Category: keto side dishes
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 211
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: polenta, side dishes, cauliflower, keto, Italian, Mexican, gluten free, low carb