This fantastic (and super easy) low carb and gluten free recipe is based on the classic French dessert and can even be eaten for breakfast or brunch! Keto, LCHF, and Atkins diet friendly!
- 1 Tbsp salted butter
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (vanilla flavored if you can get it)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar substitute (I used this brand)
- 1/2 tsp cherry extract (I used this brand)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- pinch of kosher salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour (I used this brand)
- 1.5 cups fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F.)
- Use the butter to grease a 9 or 10″ cast iron pan or baking dish, or a large (12) muffin pan (or two 6 muffin pans.)
- Combine the almond milk, heavy cream, sweetener, cherry extract, vanilla extract, xanthan gum, salt, and eggs in a blender and blend for about 10 seconds.
- Add the almond flour and blend for an additional 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the pan or muffin tins.
- Spread the cherries, cut side up evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes if making 4″ muffins (or until set & a knife in the center comes out clean.)
- Bake for 35 minutes if making in one large pan (or until set & a knife in the center comes out clean.)
- Serve warm or chilled.
To see a list of my favorite low carb products and brands that I recommend for sweeteners, flours, etc. you can check out the IBIH Pantry Ingredients Page!
Approximate nutrition information per serving:
Slice from pan (1/8th): 194 calories, 15g fat, 6g net carbs, 8g protein
One “muffin” (1/12th): 129 calories, 10g fat, 4g net carbs, 6g protein
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: French