Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers, aka the best keto appetizer ever! Leftover turkey or rotisserie chicken makes it easy! Low Carb, Atkins, Grain Free, Nut Free, Egg Free
For the stuffed jalapeños:
- 15 large jalapenos
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cooked chicken or turkey, shredded and chopped
- 1/3 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt or to taste
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
For the breading:
- 1 cup pulverized pork rinds
- 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
For the stuffed Jalapeños:
- Cut 1/3 of top off each pepper and scoop out insides.
- Place the peppers on a plate and microwave 2 minutes to soften.
- Combine, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, chicken or turkey, salsa verde, garlic powder, salt and cajun seasoning in a medium bowl and mix until creamy and well blended.
- Spoon the mixture into the jalapeños.
- In a small bowl, combine the pork rind dust and cajun seasoning.
- Gently roll the cream cheese side of the stuffed jalapeños in cajun pork rinds until coated.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
- Cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 Popper
- Calories: 111
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 1g net
- Protein: 6