A hearty and delicious low carb mac and cheese recipe made with cauliflower instead of pasta.
- 4 cups raw cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp chopped canned green chilis (mild)
- 4 oz Mexican Chorizo (you’ll cook and use 1/3 cup for this recipe)
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Spread your cauliflower out in a microwave safe casserole dish. Microwave for 10 minutes or until partially tender. Meanwhile, cook your Chorizo in a small saute pan and drain off the extra fat. Measure out 1/3 cup of the cooked Chorizo for this recipe and reserve any extra for another use. Remove the cauliflower from the microwave and stir in the heavy whipping cream, butter, chopped chilis, cooked Chorizo, shredded cheddar, salt, and chopped cilantro. Once it’s fully combined, bake in a preheated 375 degree (F) oven for 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork tender and the cheese is melted and bubbling. Serve hot.
Approx nutrition info per serving: 301 calories, 26g fat, 4g net carbs, 11g protein
- Serving Size: 1 cup