These low carb spicy chorizo meatballs wrapped in cabbage leaves make for a keto friendly dinner on the table STAT!
- 1.5lbs ground beef (80/20)
- 8 oz mexican chorizo (make sure it’s gluten free)
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne
- 2 Tbsp salsa (any sugar free brand will do)
- oil for frying
- Combine all of the meatball mix in a large bowl.
- Form into about 30 one and a half inch meatballs.
- In a large, nonstick pan, heat some oil and saute the meatballs in batches until they are golden brown on all sides. Takes about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- To make tacos, place three meatballs and whatever taco fixin’s you prefer in a large white cabbage leaf – fold and eat. Yum!
Approximate nutrition information per naked meatball: 87 calories, 6g fat, .4g net carbs, 7g protein
- Serving Size: 3 meatballs
- Calories: 260
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 1.3g net
- Protein: 20g