This easy keto bbq sauce is sweet and tangy and the perfect complement to chicken, ribs, and pulled pork just to name a few. Your search for a delicious low carb barbecue sauce is over!
- 1/2 cup no sugar added ketchup (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar substitute (I prefer Lakanto Golden for this)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses (optional, see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke (you can usually find this in the bbq sauce aisle)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional, to thicken)
- Place all of the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and whisk together.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
While molasses does contain some sugar, the small amount called for in this recipe adds authentic flavor and texture that I think is well worth the negligible amount of carbs it adds per serving. You can omit it if you prefer.
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Keto Condiments
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 15
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
Keywords: keto bbq sauce, low carb bbq sauce, easy bbq sauce