This Easy Keto Bread Recipe is low carb, gluten free, dairy free, yeast free, NOT THE SLIGHTEST BIT EGGY, and made with hearts of palm.
- 1 (14 ounce) can of hearts of palm, well drained (equals about 8 ounces drained weight or 1 1/2 cups sliced)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups super-fine blanched almond flour
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt (sea salt or Himalayan salt preferred)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 9.5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the hearts of palm, eggs, olive oil, and water in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder and salt. Mix with a dough hook on low to medium for 1 to 2 minutes or until a dough is formed. If you don’t have a mixer, mix by hand with a sturdy spoon for several minutes, then knead by hand for a minute or two, until you have well blended and uniform looking dough.
- Form into a loaf about 8 inches long by 3 inches wide and 3 inches high, and place in the parchment-lined loaf pan.
- Bake for 70 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the bread has risen by about 1 inch.
- Remove from the oven and carefully lift the loaf out of the pan by the edges of the parchment paper.
- Place the loaf (without the parchment paper) on a wire rack too cool. This will keep it from getting soggy on the bottom, and will allow any moisture to evaporate as steam.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
- Store the bread in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Because it’s just me eating it, I usually slice the loaf into two halves and freeze one half whole for future use, while I keep the other half in the fridge to slice as needed.
I’m listing the serving size as 1 slice so you can calculate the nutrition info based on how many slices you are eating. I’m also going to give you the info here for the entire loaf so that you can calculate it yourself based on how many slices you get out of the loaf if you go with thicker or thinner slices.
Approximate net carbs per slice = 2g.
Nutrition info per loaf: 2027 calories, 140g fat, 109g carbs, 65g fiber, 44g net carbs, 89g protein
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 70 minutes
- Category: Keto Bread
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 slice (1/2 inch thick)
- Calories: 113
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: best Keto Bread, low carb bread, yeast free bread, gluten free bread