A creamy and delicious low carb tomato soup recipe that takes just minutes to prepare! Keto, Atkins, and gluten free – this is an easy and tasty soup that you can feel great about serving to your family!
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole plum tomatoes (San Marzano preferred)
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1.5 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons granulated erythritol sweetener
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto, plus more for garnish if desired
- Combine the canned tomatoes, water, salt, onion powder and garlic powder in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and puree with an immersion blender until smooth (or transfer to a traditional blender and blend, then return blended soup to the pan.)
- Return to the stove and add the butter and mascarpone cheese to the soup.
- Stir over low heat until melted and creamy – about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sweetener, apple cider vinegar, dried basil, and pesto.
- Serve warm.
- Store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to three months.
Net carbs per cup = 3 grams.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 258
- Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g