A low carb and gluten free recipe for festive turkey meatballs in a sugar free cranberry glaze. Perfect for your next party!
For the meatballs:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
For the glaze:
To make the meatballs:
- Combine all of the meatball ingredients in a medium bowl and mix gently but thoroughly. Form into 16 meatballs and place on a cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
To make the glaze:
- Combine the cranberries, water and sweetener in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for about 8 minutes or until the cranberries start to burst. Pour the mixture into a magic bullet or blender and puree. Pour through a fine strainer to remove the bits of skin and seeds. Return to the saucepan and whisk in the xanthan gum. Add the meatballs and toss gently to coat in the sauce. Serve warm or chilled.
Approximate nutrition info per meatball: 64 calories, 3g fat, 1g net carbs, 5g protein
- Serving Size: 1 meatball