An easy keto grilling recipe for 5 spice chicken skewers that the entire family can enjoy! Dairy, egg and nut free, this is keto, low carb, and Atkins friendly too!
- 2 lb boneless chicken tenders
- 2 Tbsp granulated erythritol sweetener** (honey for Paleo)
- 2 Tbsp five spice powder
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil (or other light oil with a high smoke point)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp gluten free soy sauce, fish sauce, or coconut aminos**
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup red bell pepper pieces for skewers
- optional lime wedges and fresh cilantro to garnish
- 12 skewers
- Slice the chicken thinly on the diagonal into pieces about 2 inches long.
- Combine the sweetener, 5 spice powder, rice vinegar, avocado oil, sesame oil, soy sauce (or fish sauce or coconut aminos) and cayenne pepper (if using) in a medium bowl and stir.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust sweetness or saltiness to your preference BEFORE adding the chicken.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir well to coat.
- Marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the grill.
- Thread the chicken and red bell pepper pieces (or other veggies) onto the skewers.
- Grill for 2 -3 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with lime wedges and fresh cilantro if desired.
See the IBIH Pantry Page to see what products I use and recommend for best results with my recipes!
- Serving Size: 2 skewers
- Calories: 198
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Protein: 35g