The perfect low carb side dish for summer!
- 1 lb fresh asparagus stalks, trimmed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
For the Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup any light tasting oil (olive, avocado, grapeseed, etc.)
- 1 Tbl Sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbl Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp granulated sugar free sweetener (honey if you’re Paleo)
- 1 Tbl lime juice
- 2 Tbl pecans, toasted
- Coat the asparagus with oil and salt. Grill for a couple of minutes per side, until tender but not mushy. Alternatively you can steam, blanch, roast, or microwave the asparagus as desired.
- To make the vinaigrette
- Combine all of the ingredients, except for the pecans, in a small bowl. Whisk until fully combined, then add the nuts. Pour over the asparagus and enjoy!
Approximate nutrition information per serving:
Asparagus with vinaigrette: 175 calories, 17g fat, 3.75g net carbs, 3g protein
Vinaigrette only (2 Tbl): 152 calories, 17g fat, 1.75g net carbs, 1g protein