This Keto Chicken Souvlaki with Yogurt Sauce is not only delicious – it’s also fast and easy to make on the grill, leaving you lots of time to spend outdoors relaxing this Summer! Low carb, keto, Paleo, and Atkins diet friendly.
For the chicken:
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
For the yogurt sauce:
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar substitute (I used Swerve)
To make the chicken:
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper, and dried thyme in a shallow, non-reactive dish.
- Add your chicken strips to the marinade and mix to coat well.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours or more.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and thread onto skewers (if using.)
- Preheat the grill and grill the chicken for about 2 minutes per side or until cooked through. Thicker pieces may take longer.
- Remove and serve with the yogurt sauce.
To make the yogurt sauce:
- Combine all of the yogurt sauce ingredients and stir well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your preference.
- Serve with the warm grilled chicken.
Approximate nutrition information per serving:
2 skewers of chicken: 157 calories, 5g fat, 0g net carbs, 26g protein
2 Tablespoons of yogurt sauce: 35 calories, 2g fat, 2g net carbs, 1g protein
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Keto Main Dish
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Greek
- Serving Size: 2 skewers + 2 Tbsp sauce
- Calories: 192
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 2g net
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 27g
Keywords: keto grilled chicken, keto chicken souvlaki, low carb chicken