This Grilled Chicken Souvlaki with Yogurt Sauce is not only delicious – it’s also fast and easy to make, leaving you lots of time to spend outdoors relaxing this Summer! Low carb, keto, Paleo, and Atkins diet friendly.
For the chicken:
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into strips
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
For the yogurt sauce:
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar substitute
To make the chicken:
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper, and dried thyme in a shallow, non-reactive dish.
- Add your chicken strips to the marinade and mix to coat well.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours or more.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and thread onto skewers (if using.)
- Preheat the grill and grill the chicken for about 2 minutes per side or until cooked through. Thicker pieces may take longer.
To make the yogurt sauce:
- Combine all of the yogurt sauce ingredients and stir well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your preference.
- Serve with the warm grilled chicken.
Approximate nutrition information per serving:
2 skewers of chicken: 157 calories, 5g fat, .5g net carbs, 26g protein
2 Tablespoons of yogurt sauce: 35 calories, 2g fat, 2g net carbs, 1g protein
- Serving Size: 2 skewers + 2 Tbsp sauce
- Calories: 192
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 2.5g net
- Protein: 27g