This Keto Apple Crisp uses some apple for authenticity in flavor and texture, but also some squash to bulk it up without the carbs. Gluten free and low carb.
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and chopped apples (1/2 inch dice)
- 2 1/2 cups chopped zucchini or summer squash, peeled if desired
- 1/2 cup Lakanto golden sweetener
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
For the topping:
5 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon psyllium husk powder
2 tablespoons hemp seeds
3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
1/3 cup lakanto golden
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon maple extract (or vanilla extract)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the filling ingredients in a large bowl and stir well.
- Transfer to a 9 x 9 (or similar sized) baking dish.
- Combine the topping ingredients in a small bowl and stir well.
- Crumble over the apple filling in the baking dish.
- Place in the oven on the bottom rack (so the topping doesn’t get too dark.)
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the filling is bubbling and the apples are fork tender.
- Remove and serve warm.
Approximate net carbs per serving = 6g.
Nutrition information does not include optional ice cream shown in photos.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: keto desserts
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 246
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: keto apple crisp, low carb apple crisp