Keto Brussels Sprouts in the Instant Pot
These keto Brussels sprouts in the Instant Pot boast a sweet balsamic glaze and luscious, salty bacon pieces. Best part is that it takes only 20 minutes to get them tender and delicious! Dairy free and low carb too!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 7 servings
- Category: keto side dishes
- Method: Instant Pot
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 4 ounces chopped raw bacon (1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon chopped raw garlic
- 2 lbs whole brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated erythritol sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (to thicken the sauce)
- Heat oil in the Instant Pot on the Saute function, then add the bacon and garlic and cook two minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and stir to coat, cook 2 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, water, salt, erythritol and xanthan gum. Bring to a boil.
- Cover with the lid and set to Manual / low pressure / 18 minutes. (20 minutes if exceptionally large sprouts)
- When finished, vent the steam using the quick release lever, and remove cover according to MFG instructions.
- Transfer the Brussels sprouts to a serving bowl.
- Taste the sauce and season with additional salt if desired.
- Pour the sauce and bacon pieces over the Brussels sprouts before serving.
Net carbs per serving = 6g
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 95
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: instant pot, keto, brussels sprouts, side dishes, low carb, dairy free, egg free, nut free