This Keto Cheddar Leek Cauliflower Mash is the low carb side dish of your dreams. It’s cheesy, and leek-y (yup, it’s a thing now) and so very luscious and buttery – it’s everything you’ve ever wanted in a low carb cauliflower puree!
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sliced leeks, white and light green parts only
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard powder
- 1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar
- Place the cauliflower, salt, pepper, and heavy whipping cream in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove and stir.
- Return to the microwave for 6 minutes, or until the cauliflower is fork tender.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over low to medium heat.
- Add the sliced leeks and cook until soft and golden brown – about 10 minutes. Remove 1 tablespoon of leek and butter mixture and set aside to garnish.
- Place the cooked cauliflower in a large food processor cup and blend until pureed.
- Add the leek and butter mixture (except for the reserved portion,) the mustard powder, and the cheddar cheese and pulse for 30 seconds. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with reserved leek and butter mixture and chopped parsley if desired. Serve hot.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Approximate net carbs per serving = 4g.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 281
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: Keto Cauliflower Mash, Cheddar Leek Cauliflower Mash, Low Carb Cauliflower Mash