This easy Keto Cheesy Roasted Asparagus will go straight to the top of your list of favorite low carb asparagus recipes! Creamy, cheesy, saucy, asparagus-y perfection.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese (or cream cheese if you must)
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt (or 1/2 teaspoon fine salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8th teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded cheese (mozzarella, Italian blend, or other mild white cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Trim the asparagus spears (see note above.)
- Spread the trimmed asparagus out on a baking sheet or dish. Overlapping into two layers is fine.
- Put the butter, mascarpone, salt, pepper, garlic, and nutmeg in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Whisk until smooth and then pour over the asparagus spears. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the asparagus is tender but not mushy.
- Remove and serve hot. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Approximate net carbs per serving = 3g.
- Serving Size: 6 - 8 spears, 2 T cheese sauce
- Calories: 123
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: Cheesy Asparagus, Roasted Asparagus, Keto Asparagus